Touching the Void

 

I shuffle to the end of the earth,

My toes suspend on the edge,

Universe surrounds me in a black birth,

Particles drift past in silent pledge.

Reaching out my hand, fingers dripping forth.

 

Disintegration of affected cells,

Evaporation of self into space,

Drawn in to waves of chimes of bells,

That hang with soft grace,

I wake to leave the broken shell.

 

Awareness is hiding like a stray cat,

In the alley of dumped trash cans,

Finding the eternal moment life went splat,

Disguised in a messy cabinet of pans,

Undistinguished chatter comes last.

 

Energy swirls in strange light,

Unknown breath exhales out

Of my lungs with forced plight,

Aching to reroute

A new ascension of angled flight.

 

I must venture out to the void,

Where the unknow is the place to go,

For therein lies the overjoyed,

Of finding self and low,

That which darkness destroyed.

 

Repair me and I will feel

Your presence in the shadows,

Take me and let the layers peel

Back the purpose rising above the gallows,

And I can start to see what is real.

 

Floating, dancing into air

Exhausted by squinting gaze ,

My patience persists where,

The number of my days,

Have been ordained there.

 

Weightless by the newfound thought,

That which I behold,

Can never disappoint what is brought,

In this moment that which is three-fold,

Conspires against what I fought.


If I go where the air is thin,

I can start to release self,

From where I’ve been,

And take it down off the shelf,

And begin to start therein.

 

Held in your hand,

There is no time,

Ageless, hopeful to stand,

To see self sublime,

Brave to face your command.

 

Stirring from slumber,

Woken by thunder,

Let not the darkness cumber,

Another day of blunder,

Remembering that day which is numbered.

 

Feet on solid ground,

Emerging forth in aspiration,

Breaking free from the sound,

Of nocturnal creation,

Into the self that is found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog